Project #1 – White Totoro – Part IV
IT’S DONE! Feast your eyes on what Manpans has christened, “The Derp Totoro”.
Yes, my first Totoro is a bit wonky.
Yes, you may laugh.
But it’s my very first Totoro and I lurves it! HUZZAH!
Most of the day was spent looking for eyes. I couldn’t find any in the house. I got my wife to search for eyes. She couldn’t find any eyes. I need to find some eyes. In the meantime, I tried to stitch eyes in. I wasn’t successful. They do it so much better on the instructions.
My thoughts on my first official project?
Knitting is hard.
Things about my project I don’t understand:
- Ears are not aligned to tail. What did I do?
- Ears are inside out. What did I do wrong?
- Tail is wonky. First time I did it was better. But then I frogged that. I frogged that tail like no tail has been frogged.
- Size 2 DPNs that are metal are hard to use.
- Don’t know how to close bottom yet
I shall improve. Yes I shall. I shall make another.